The weekend went by quickly, and now it’s time to gear up for the last few remaining days before Christmas. It’s a busy week with the arrival of family and friends from out-of-town; not to mention children at home beginning their holiday/winter break. There will be a lot of restless little kids as well as “BIGGER” kids as we all inch our way closer to Christmas morning.
So, with that in mind, I want to start our week with a classical, mouthwatering coffee cake recipe that's perfect for the hustle and bustle of the day. It’s the perfect recipe of all gatherings.
Recipe: Blueberry Coffee cake
- 1/4 cup butter
- ¼ butter oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries mixed with 1/2 cup flour
Blueberry Coffee Cake Directions:
- Cream butter, butter oil, sugar and eggs. Beat until light.
- Add flour, baking powder and milk alternately. Mix well.
- Add floured blueberries. Pour into a 9"x13" pan.
- Bake at 350° until done (fork comes out clean) - about 35 minutes.