Thursday, December 16, 2010

Maybe it was a crazy idea gone badly!


Last night I unveiled my Chocolate Bacon Pound Cake to my Bible study group. And, as I sat there anticipating whether they would like it or not, I was overwhelmingly surprised by their hesitation to try it.  For many, the idea of making a cake with bacon was outrageous, ridiculous and just stupid. I over-heard someone saying, “It’s definitely a different look!”

I was flabbergasted to say the least. Could it be that a week of researching for the perfect combination of ingredients was all in vain? Maybe I added to much of this and not enough of that, or maybe it was a crazy idea gone badly, I reasoned.

Well, my fears were quickly erased when I witness my companions overcoming their initial hesitations and smiling with joy as they ate and ate and ate my Chocolate Bacon Pound Cake.  

It was a hit!!!

Chubby Yummy

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that they finally opened up and tried it! Don't they know that "bacon and chocolate" is the new "peanut butter and chocolate"?

    ReplyDelete